A solo exhibition by Robert Nzaou
In July, Alliance Française du Cap is proud to host its first photographic exhibition of the year: Me & Ms Lily by Congolese artist Robert Nzaou. Me & Ms Lily will open on Thursday 5 July 2018 at 18:00 at the Alliance (155 Loop St, Cape Town).
ABOUT ME & MS LILY
"The ‘Me and Ms Lily’ project is about myself, as artist, as black male, the African and the Congolese, facing my buried fears, my emotions and my insecurities. A self portrait… In order to realise this project I couldn’t think of a better companion than a flower.
I chose Arum lilies as I find them elegant and beautiful and in botany the flowers are unisexual and are considered ‘naked’ flowers as they have no perianth (no sepals and petals).
As this project was intended to ‘strip down to basics’, I found this appealing."
- Robert Nzaou
ABOUT ROBERT NZAOU
Robert Nzaou-Kissolo, is a Congolese photographer born in Congo Brazzaville who lives between Cape Town in South Africa and Pointe Noire in the Republic of Congo.
His work has been featured in various online and print publications such as Lemonde.fr, between10and5, Africandigitalart.com, sacreatives.co.za, Afropunk.com and Sawubona, the South African Airways in-flight magazine, amongst others.
- Solo exhibition : Basango cultural centre, Pointe Noire, Congo 2015
- Solo exhibition: Alliance Francaise du Cap, Cape Town, South Africa 2016
- Group exhibition: Portraits, Orms School of Photography, Cape Town, South Africa 2016
- Group exhibition: IPS –Flowers of my soul, Italy 2016
- Group exhibition: Baardskeerdersbos Art Route Sept 2017
- Group exhibition: Baardskeerdersbos Art Route Sept 2018
Opening on 5 July for First Thursdays || 6:00 pm || Free entrance || Cash bar
Exhibition at the Alliance Française du Cap from 3 to 28 July 2018