Alliance Française du Cap offers an exciting cultural program, bringing to Cape Town the cultures of the French-speaking world. Its involvement is also very strong in the promotion of local artists and it encourages a true and fruitful dialogue between artists and cultures.
With its exhibition space, café and media library, Alliance Française du Cap is a perfect place to meet people in the heart of Cape Town city centre.
Enjoy and share great moments by attending our frequent events! The Alliance Française du Cap proposes evening movies, concerts of South African and Francophone music, conferences, dance and theatre shows...
Check out our Facebook page for more details on cultural events!
Register to our newsletter by sending an email to email@example.com, or filling the Newsletter form online now.
Art gallery & "Café de l'Alliance"
- A large exhibition area is available for different types of visual art in order to promote up-and-coming local artists
- A vibrant coffee shop with showcases a variety of cultural events: concerts, conferences, dance and theatre shows
If you are interested in renting the fully-equipped facilities or being featured in our exhibition space, please email our cultural coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that rental enquiries and project proposals are only processed via email.
Evening movies & Concerts
- Cinemalliance: The free screening of French-speaking films with English subtitles occurs on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at 18:30.
- Black Filmmakers Film Festival: Every last Wednesday of the month we host the monthly film screening of our friends at BFFF. Join us all for live music, food & drinks, and films!
- Jazz Night: On every last Friday of the month, listen to great live jazz music in an intimate setting while grabbing a bite or a cold drink.
- The promotion of South African and Francophone music through workshops and get-togethers.