Tests and Exams
Do you plan to study or work in France or another French-speaking country?
DELF & DALF
We train our students for diplomas (DELF, DALF) that are French-government accredited and internationally recognised by French-speaking universities. The Alliance Française is the only official exam center in Kwazulu-Natal.
DELF (Diplôme d’Études en Langue Française) and DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) are official qualifications issued by the French Ministry of Education to certify French language proficiency of non-native speakers.
- Diplomas are awarded by the French Ministry of Education and accepted worldwide including the government of Quebec in Canada.
- Exams are held world-wide and conducted under the supervision of the French Embassy of respective countries, at accredited official examination centres.
- The DELF-DALF structure is modelled on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which serves as an international reference in the organisation of language teaching and certification.
- Candidates having earned the DALF are exempted from language entrance examinations in French universities.
- Candidates having earned the DELF / DALF diplomas earn extra points for immigration to countries such as Canada and their chances of employment increase. From the 6th of December 2011, all candidates applying to immigrate to Quebec, Canada, must have DELF A1, as well as IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
Find the calendar of the DELF / DALF 2019 exam session here
The TEF, Test d’Evaluation du Français and the TCF, Test de Connaissance du Français, are language tests that are used to assess the level of French comprehension and expression skills in people who are not native French speakers.
These tests can be used for Quebec Immigration purposes, to study in France or to obtain French nationality. TCF and TEF/TEFAQ are the only French language examinations accepted for the Federal Skilled Worker Programme.
Find the TEF calendar 2019 exam session here
Enquiry about the TEFAQ exam session