Tests and Exams
Do you plan to study or work in France or another French-speaking country?
We train our students for diplomas (DELF, DALF) and tests (TEF) that are French-government accredited and internationally recognised by French-speaking universities. The Alliance Française is the only official exam centre in Southern Africa.
DELF & DALF
DELF (Diplôme d’Études en Langue Française) and DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) are official certifications issued by the French Ministry of Education to certify French language proficiency of non-native speakers.
- Diplomas are awarded by the French Ministry of Education and accepted worldwide including the government of Quebec in Canada.
- Exams are held world-wide and conducted under the supervision of the French Embassy of respective countries, at accredited official examination centres.
- The DELF-DALF structure is modeled on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which serves as an international reference in the organisation of language teaching and certification.
- Candidates having earned the DALF are exempted from language entrance examinations in French universities.
- Candidates having earned the DELF / DALF diplomas earn extra points for immigration to countries such as Canada and their chances of employment increase. All candidates applying to immigrate to Quebec, Canada, must have DELF A1, as well as IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
Find the calendar of the DELF / DALF exam session and click here to register.
Click here to download the registration form!
Enquiry about the DELF / DALF session
TEF / TEFAQ
The TEF, Test d’Evaluation du Français, is a language test that is used to assess the level of French comprehension and expression skills in people who are not native French speakers.
This test can be used for Quebec and Canada Immigration purposes and is the only French language examination accepted for the Federal Skilled Worker Programme.
Sessions to come in 2017: 23 February, 6 April, 25 May, 6 July, 17 August, 28 September, 9 November (registration until two weeks before).
Enquiry about the TEF / TEFAQ exam session.
Download the registration form