Tests and Exams
Do you plan to study or work in France or another French-speaking country?
We train our students for diplomas (DELF, DALF) and tests (TCF, TEF) that are French-government accredited and internationally recognised by French-speaking universities. The Alliance Française are the only official exam in Southern Africa.
DELF & DALF
DELF (Diplôme d’Études en Langue Française) and DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) are official qualifications issued by the French Ministry of Education to certify French language proficiency of non-native speakers.
- Diplomas are awarded by the French Ministry of Education and accepted worldwide including the government of Quebec in Canada.
- Exams are held world-wide and conducted under the supervision of the French Embassy of respective countries, at accredited official examination centres.
- The DELF-DALF structure is modeled on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which serves as an international reference in the organisation of language teaching and certification.
- Candidates having earned the DALF are exempted from language entrance examinations in French universities.
- Candidates having earned the DELF / DALF diplomas earn extra points for immigration to countries such as Canada and their chances of employment increase. From the 6th of December 2011, all candidates applying to immigrate toQuebec, Canada, must have DELF A1, as well as IELTS (International English Languqge Testing System).
Please download and check the available examination dates:
- DELF/DALF Tous Publics - Open to all learners from 18 years of age upwards (please note special dates for universities)
- DELF Pro - Specialised exam for corporate learners
- DELF Junior - For teens still at secondary school level
- DELF Prim - For children at primary school level
To register for the DELF/DALF exam, please fill in the on-line registration form:
Please remember to send your ID copy, proof of payment for the exam to firstname.lastname@example.org